The Illinois First Amendment Center (IFAC) is located within the Illinois Press Association building at 900 Community Drive, Springfield, IL. The IFAC promotes First Amendment rights and responsibilities through education designed to raise awareness of the need to understand, preserve and protect the First Amendment.
In response to a 2005 federal mandate that all schools receiving federal money must teach about the Constitution on September 17th - the day the document was adopted - the IFAC created a wide variety of Constitution Day materials covering grades Kindergarten through College. Most of IFAC’s learning materials are available also in Spanish.
Materials may be viewed and/or ordered from the IFAC Web site at www.illinoisfirstamendmentcenter.com. Click on FREE MATERIALS / Classroom Materials / Scroll through and/or view available items. Learning materials may be ordered by using the online order form.
AVAILABLE MATERIALS: (Note: Materials will be shipped only within the United States.)
- Constitution / First Amendment Coloring Books – for each of grades K – 4th (English and Spanish versions). Available in book form or downloadable from Web site.
- First Amendment posters – Set of 5 posters for grades K – 8; Set of 4 posters for grades 8 – College (English / Spanish)
- Constitution / First Amendment Flash Cards – for grades 2 – 6 (English / Spanish)
- First Amendment Video on DVD (4 minutes) – for grades 2 – 6 (English only)
- First Amendment Video on DVD (13 minutes) – for grades 7 – 12 (English only)
- Constitution / First Amendment Curriculum Guide – for grades 5-6-7 (English / Spanish) available on CD-ROM or e-mailable
- Constitution / First Amendment Curriculum Guide – for grades 8 - College (English / Spanish) available on CD-ROM or e-mailable
- First Amendment posters for newspaper insertion – For grades 8 – College (English only) available on CD-ROM
- First Amendment Newspaper house ads
* - A nominal shipping charge applies to all orders not picked up at the IFAC office in Springfield, IL.