On March 16, 2012, three national organizations are joining forces to present a unique Circulation Seminar in Bloomington, Illinois that will examine circulation strategies as a composite, integrated whole, combining business, management, practical and legal components. Illinois Press Association and Central States Circulation Managers’ Association are cosponsoring this seminar.
John Pisa, President of The Pisa Group, Inc., the newspaper industry leading telemarketing partner, Rick Hively, President of Wilson Gregory Agency, Inc., America’s #1 provider of accident insurance for independent contractors, and L. Michael Zinser of The Zinser Law Firm, P.C., General Counsel to 8 circulation trade associations, will collaborate to present this seminar.
Topics to be covered include:
- As a Circulation Executive youare the risk expert. Are you prepared?
- Best practices for enrolling ICs in accident insurance plans.
- Is the team negotiating your agreement trained?
- Who audits your training protocols?
- What is on route and how does medical excess work?
- Navigating e-learning modules.
Outsourcing Customer Service to a Third Party Company
- In the U.S. or off shore.
- Keyboarding the subscriber complaints.
- Independent contractor implications.
Independent Contractor Status — A Laser Beam Focus
- Unemployment agencies attacking contractor status.
- IRS Alert.
- Teamsters are trying to unionize carriers.
- Independent contractor audit essentials.
- Circulation management contracting checklist.
The location will be The Doubletree Hotel, 10 Brickyard Drive, Bloomington, Illinois (309.664.6446). The seminar will be held from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
The cost of the seminar is $89.00 and includes lunch. To register, please call or email Anne Fisher Cole (
) of The Zinser Law Firm (615.244.9700).
invitation_to_attend_cms_seminar_in_bloomington_on_march_16_2012.pdf (208.45 KB)